Career Opportunities and Requirements
Notice is hereby given that these are public safety positions and the following criteria will be successfully completed to fulfill the application process for all positions.
1. Completed Application and waiver forms (All applicants)
2. Criminal/background & Drivers History Check (All applicants)
3. Physical Agility Test (Detention/Deputy)
4. Informal Interview with Supervisors (Detention/Deputy)
5. Psychological Test (Detention/Deputy)
6. Interview with The Sheriff (All applicants)
7. Polygraph (Detention/Deputy)
8. Medical Examination by Licensed Physician (Detention/Deputy)
Annual Starting Salaries
Deputy Sheriff: $ 36,184.71
Detention Officer: $ 26,898.83
911 Dispatcher: $ 28,262.62
NOTE: There are currently 5 deputy openings, and 5 detention officer openings (April 18, 2018)
THE BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Click here to view general duties, and download application.